AMECO was founded in 1932 in Alsace, a French region that lies in between the Vosges Mountains and the Rhine River, bordering both Germany and Switzerland.
Being part of the Alsatian potash mines, we went from providing them with maintenance services, to supplying them with conveyors, to eventually delivering all types of equipment to fulfill their material handling needs. This technology allowed AMECO to develop into different markets, such as the glass factories (for which AMECO was for a long time the world leader) and the electricity power plants where bigger storage facilities were required at the time.
In the 1950s AMECO was well known in France and the surrounding countries. At this time AMECO was one of the first occidental companies providing machinery to Russia and the Eastern countries. This early international vocation, not usual at the time, is the origin of the todays’s AMECO global presence.
Nowadays, AMECO is still a world leader on the bulk materials handling systems being specialized on three main products lines: stackers, reclaimers and shiploaders for a wide range of industries and materials handled. Our challenge for the future: maintain and increase our satisfied clients all over the world.
AMECO was always a leader technically and in this light the company has successfully pioneered the Markets with events like :
AMECO provides bulk material handling systems to end customers all over the world. Each customer operates in a specific context, with particular constraints. At AMECO, we anticipate and take into account the unique situation of each of our clients. The goal? Meeting and eventually exceeding their expectations.
Developing our competences
AMECO’s employees are at the heart of our company’s development. Their skills, in combination with their responsiveness and enthusiasm, enable them to design, engineer and manufacture machines that meet all of our clients’ requirements.
Preserving our image
At AMECO, we cultivate our brand image, keeping both customers and suppliers in mind. Our equipment, designed on demand and recognized worldwide, is the pride of our company.
Building our expertise
Since its foundation in 1932, AMECO has heavily invested in developing the company’s technical expertise. As a result, our employees’ knowledge and skills have become a force to be reckoned with. This is showcased by our more than 380 high quality, simple to operate, reliable and robust reference machines in operation across the globe.
Since its foundation in 1932, AMECO has been greatly committed to quality. In March 2015, we underscored this commitment, as our Quality Management System (QMS) received the ISO 9001:2008 certification from the Swiss Association for Quality and Management Systems (SQS).
As an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization, AMECO is guided by the following management principles:
• Customer focus: we strive to understand our customers’ current and future needs, meet their requirements and exceed their expectations
• Leadership: AMECO’s management fully involves our employees in achieving the company’s mission and vision
• Involvement of people: by engaging people at all levels of the company, AMECO enables their talent and skills to be used for the organization’s benefit
• Process approach: we manage our activities and related resources as processes, as a result we achieve our desired results more efficiently
• System approach to management: by identifying, understanding and managing interrelated processes as a system, we increase our company’s effectiveness and efficiency
• Continual improvement: the continuous improvement of AMECO’s overall performance is our permanent objective
• Factual approach to decision making: analyzing data and information enables us to make effective decisions
• Mutually beneficial supplier relationships: we create mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers, which enhances both parties’ ability to create value
By following these eight management principles, we ensure that our organization, as well as the products and services we offer are consistent. Furthermore, our QMS challenges us to continuously improve our processes and approaches. As such, it provides us with the tools to achieve the best possible results in the field.