Fertilizer Industry Services
AMECO’s origins lie in the fertilizer and mining industry. At its foundation, in 1932, our company was namely part of the Alsatian potash mines. We went from providing them with maintenance services, to supplying them with conveyors, to eventually delivering all types of equipment to fulfill their material handling needs.
To this day, the fertilizer industry is an important market for AMECO. Our stockyard solutions and shiploaders are able to handle a wide range of solid fertilizers:
• Nitrogen fertilizers (e.g. ammonium nitrate, ammonium sulfate, urea)
• Phosphorus fertilizers (e.g. phosphate rock, superphosphate)
• Nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium (NPK) fertilizers
• Potassium fertilizers (e.g. potassium chloride, potassium sulfate)
• Sulfur fertilizers (e.g. calcium sulfate/gypsum)
The fertilizer industry is known for its strict environmental regulations. These regulations are mainly focused on limiting harmful emissions. AMECO’s indoor storage solutions aid fertilizer manufacturers in controlling such emissions and thus in complying with regulations. We offer solutions for both longitudinal and circular stockyards. The latter are particularly interesting where space is limited.